Career Technical Education
Science Technology Engineering Agriculture/Arts Mathematics
Superintendent’s CTE/STEAM Advisory Team Objectives:
- Qualify Davis Senior HS as a national STEAM school
- Integrate STEAM thinking in to the school curriculum
- Increase student interest and participation in CTE/STEAM courses
- Design, develop and expand CTE/STEAM pathways and offerings at DHS and in the district
- Build a CTE/STEAM community support network for students and teachers
- Seek CTE/STEAM related internship opportunities for students
A talented team of Davis teachers, UC Davis and community college partners, STEAM related business professionals and other industry leaders has assembled and are contributing their expertise to help DJUSD reach these objectives.
Stakeholders who participated in the DJUSD Strategic Planning process expressed the value of DJUSD providing all students with alternative ways and opportunities to experience academic success. Career Technical Education represents a practical option for Davis students wishing to embark on careers immediately after high school as well as those who plan to enter community college or universities after graduation.
DJUSD will communicate the work of the Superintendent’s CTE/STEAM Advisory Team through this website and through periodic Board updates. This page will be updated with Team agendas, notes and CTE/STEAM readings relevant to the Team’s work. Ultimately, we believe the more opportunities provided to our students the greater their preparation for life.
Please support and follow DJUSD on this exciting journey to expand educational options for our students.