2012 Measure C (Renewal of Q & W Parcel Tax)
The educational parcel taxes (Q & W) are up for renewal in 2012. This renewal of Q & W is on the ballot as Measure C. Since 1984, local parcel taxes have supported the excellent educational program in the Davis School District. The renewal for our instructional parcel taxes will be a mail-in only election with ballots mailed to voters in early February and due March 6, 2012.
Measures C will assure continuation of $6.5 million annually to support:
- Elementary science instruction
- Class periods for core science, math, English, and social sciences
- Elementary music
- Class periods for foreign language, music, physical education, career/technical and elective course offerings
- Athletics and co-curricular programs including drama, debate and journalism programs
- Reading specialists/Math Specialists
- Reduced class sizes for K-6, secondary English and math
- Teacher training
- Technology support
- Classroom materials
- Counselors & nurses
The community is encouraged to submit questions regarding Measure C to district staff.
PowerPoint Presentation: Information about the parcel tax renewal at a quick glance.
District Dollars is a web-based, interactive program designed to help you understand the DJUSD budget situation. Please visit http://www.districtdollars.org/welcome