|Intradistrict Transfers (in-district)
||Interdistrict Transfers (out-of-district)
The Board of Education desires to provide enrollment options that meet the diverse needs and interests of students. The Superintendent or designee shall establish procedures for the selection and transfer of district students among district schools in accordance with law, board policy and administrative regulation.Priority for Intradistrict Transfers shall be as follows:
- Students who want to transfer to their neighborhood/boundary school.
- Siblings of students currently in attendance at the requested school.
- Students whose parent/guardian works for DJUSD.
- All other applicants.
Intra-district Transfer Request Applications for the 2013-2014 school year will be accepted beginning February 22, 2013.
The Davis Joint Unified School District offers parents of elementary and junior high school students the option of requesting a new placement for their children other than their neighborhood school or residence.
- Intra-district Transfer Request application forms are due by:March 29, 2013. Application forms may be submitted to the Student Services Department or at your child’s school office.
- Application forms received after the deadline may be considered if space is available at the requested school.
Preparation for Sixth Graders moving to Seventh Grade
All Sixth grade students will be assigned to junior high school as follows:
- Patwin and Willett go to Emerson
- Birch Lane and North Davis go to Holmes
- Korematsu, Montgomery, and Pioneer go to Harper
- Cesar Chavez goes to Emerson
For GATE Strands:
- Korematsu and Pioneer go to Harper
- Willett and North Davis go to Holmes
DJUSD will accept Interdistrict Transfer applications beginning March 1, 2013 and ending September 30, 2013 for the 2013-2014 school year.
Parents/Guardians need to start the Interdistrict Transfer request (IDT) process at the district office in their district of residence. If the district of residence approves the Interdistrict Transfer request, the IDT is sent to the DJUSD Student Services Department.
Interdistrict Transfer requests are approved by DJUSD based upon space availability.
Parents will be notified by mail no earlier than August 10, 2013 as to whether the transfer was approved or if the child has been placed on a ‘Wait List’ due to no space availability in the requested grade. (This timeline does not apply to currently enrolled transfer students.)
For the past two years and for the upcoming 2013-2014 school year, DJUSD does not expect to have any space at Davis Senior High School to accept out of district students not currently enrolled in DJUSD.
For Davis residents who would like to transfer their child out of Davis to another school district, please contact Erin Grey-Merritt in the Student Services Department at 530 757-5300, ext 140.
For questions regarding Registration, Program Improvement (PI) schools and/or Transitional Kindergarten, please contact the Instructional Services and Elementary Education Department at 530 757-5300, ext 144.
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Services Department at 530 757-5300, ext. 140