Curriculum and Content Standards
The California Department of Education documents are linked through the pages below
|Common Core State Standards
||CC Grade Level Standards||CA Content Standards (1997)
||CA Curriculum Frameworks||Other Resources|
The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) were developed through a state-led initiative to establish consistent and clear education standards for English language arts and mathematics that would better prepare students for success in college, career, and the competitive global economy. The California State Board of Education (SBE) adopted the standards on August 2, 2010.
- English Language Arts and Literacy in Social Science, Science and Technical Subjects [PDF]
- Estándares Comunes Del Estado De California Para Las Artes Del Lenguaje En Español Y Para La Lecto-Escritura En Historia Y Estudios Sociales, Ciencias Y Materias Técnicas [Link to grade level Common Core State Standards in Spanish]
- Recommended Modifications to the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics with California Additions and Model Courses for Higher Mathematics - pursuant to SB 1200, January 2013 [1 MB .doc]
- English Language Development Standards - SBE adopted November 7, 2012
- Next Generation Science Standards - Draft: January 8, 2013
- Additional Resources
Specific grade level and content area Common Core standards and expectations are described through this link
“Side-by-Side” documents: The following were developed by grade level teams across Davis Joint Unified School District to determine “essential” Common Core Standards at each grade level. As our work on the Common Core continues, these documents will evolve.
- "Side-by-Side" Grade K-1
- "Side-by-Side" Grade 2
- "Side-by-Side" Grade 3
- "Side-by-Side" Grade 4
- "Side-by-Side" Grade 5
- "CCSS for ELA" Grade 6
Content standards were designed to encourage the highest achievement of every student, by defining the knowledge, concepts, and skills that students should acquire at each grade level.
Frameworks are blueprints for implementing the content standards adopted by the California State Board of Education and are developed by the Curriculum Development and Supplemental Materials Commission.
Anchor Standards Summaries, the ELA CCSS Learning Progressions, the ELA CCSS Bookmarks, the ELA CCSS Templates, and the Summary of ELA CCSS by Grade Level