Local Educational Agency Plan
The original DJUSD Local Educational Agency Plan was written in 2002-03 in accordance with the requirements of No Child Left Behind legislation. Annually updated, the LEAP addresses five goals established in NCLB:
- All students will reach proficiency or better in reading/ language arts and mathematics.
- All English learners will become proficient in English, and reach proficiency in reading/language arts and math.
- All students will be taught by highly qualified teachers.
- All students will be taught in learning environments that are safe, drug-free and conducive to learning.
- All students will graduate from high school.
The LEAP Addendum holds the priority actions that will be addressed each year. The district would like to thank the dedicated members of the Targeted Assistance Group, who generously provide ideas and feedback in the LEAP process.