Health Services


Student Health: When completing online re-enrollment via the parent portal, please enter all current health-related information each year, even if the condition has been previously reported. The privacy of student health records is protected by a federal law, commonly called FERPA. For more information, please visit this web page: Health Records, Privacy, and Consents.

Pertussis Reminder: There has been at least one possible case of Pertussis (whooping cough) in our school district. There have been 22 reported cases in Yolo county to date this year. Please take time to review some important health information regarding this vaccine-preventable illness.

Measles Update: Measles is a highly contagious viral disease, but it is vaccine-preventable. In 2019, five measles outbreaks have been reported in California; four of the outbreaks were linked to patients with international travel, while one had an unknown source. The California Department of Public Health tracks occurrences (here). For more information see: Measles Letter from the Yolo County Health and Human Services Agency  Spanish

Any medication your student requires at school must have an accompanying district medication authorization. Medication forms for the 2019-20 school year can be picked up in your school office or downloaded from the Popular Forms below and to the right. If you student currently has medication in the school office, please remember to pick it up on the last day of school.

Health Concerns at School

If your child has a serious health condition such as Diabetes, Seizure Disorder, or Severe Allergy, please contact your school nurse. The school nurse can develop an individualized health plan to support your child at school.

Please fill out this form with your doctor for prescription or over-the-counter medication:
Medication Assistance Authorization

A new Authorization is required at the beginning of each school year and any time there is a change in medication directives (such as change in medication, dosage, timing, or frequency). All medication supplied to the District must be in its original labeled form (i.e., in the original prescription bottle, sealed package, etc.). Except for personal asthma inhalers, epinephrine, and glucagon kits, a student may not independently possess medication during the school day or while on District property; all medication must be turned in to the school office.
If your child has a concussion, please contact your school nurse.
Acute Concussion Evaluation Care Plan
Concussion Facts
Concussion Information
Recovery Guidelines for your doctor to fill out
Home & Hospital Instruction
Students with temporary illnesses or injuries are entitled to a maximum of five hours per week of instruction for 1-8 weeks in their homes or in hospitals if the facility is located within the boundaries of DJUSD. The home/hospital instructor will consult with the student’s classroom teacher(s) to provide instruction that enables the student to stay current with the regular school program. Please contact your school nurse for more information or to request this service. Home/Hospital instruction is not intended for students with long-term health or mental health needs. For students with long-term needs, parents/guardians should discuss options with the school nurse and/or counselor. Students receiving Special Education Services must first contact the School Psychologist to request an IEP meeting to determine the educational needs of the student.
Unfortunately, lice is common in school age children. While a significant nuisance, they do not pose a health risk. Please refer to the following resources and contact your school nurse for support:
How To Get Rid Of Lice
Sample Lice Exposure Letter
Cómo deshacerse de los piojos
Carta de Muestra
For information about the immunizations that are required for school entry in California visit Shots for School

Exemptions based on personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into child care or school in California. For more information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions available at: Shots for School
Release of Info
DJUSD Authorization for Release of Health and Education Information
Fill out this form to allow district staff, such as the school nurse, to communicate directly with your child's health care provider.

Popular Forms: